Berry Spinach Smoothie

(makes 2 large servings)


As the days are finally becoming warm and sunny, I am getting so excited to start making smoothies again. I love all kinds of smoothies, and this recipe is one of my favorite, go-too options during the summery months.

Please don't let the spinach turn you off! I've had "green monster" smoothies before that I really dislike. I made one once that I could hardly swallow because I felt like I was drinking liquid spinach. Blech.

I like healthy food but I expect it to taste good!

So in order to get a little more greens in my diet and still enjoy my food, this recipe was conceived. I found the problem with most spinach smoothies I attempted was that I could taste way too much spinach. But in this one, the berries hide its flavor. You truthfully cannot tell it's there.

So even though it's a little scary, give this recipe a try! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.



Ingredients:

1/2-1 cup fresh spinach
1 banana, frozen
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen berries of your choice (My favorite is blueberries and raspberries)
1/3-1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (use according to desired consistency)
1 lemon, freshly squeezed



Directions:

Place spinach in food processor and blend for a few seconds. Add the banana and berries and blend until they become small to medium chunks. Add lemon juice and coconut milk and blend until you reach the desired consistency. I like my smoothies really thick, so I only put in 1/3 cup of coconut milk. Top with a few berries and drink to summer!









Comments

Popular Posts