Hot Cocoa for One


Before winter leaves us, I thought I'd share with you all this simple hot cocoa recipe. I don't drink hot cocoa very often. I'm actually not really into sweet drinks at all. But once in a while, when it's unbelievable cold and snowing and bleak outside, I suddenly get a craving for some hot cocoa. Whether you drink it all the time or like to enjoy it sparingly, this rich, creamy, and not too sweet drink will hit the spot.

Ingredients:

2/3 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup almond milk
1T cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
11/2 T pure maple syrup

Directions:

Combine ingredients in a medium pot on low heat. Stir mixture until hot, 3 to 5 minutes.


Pour into mug, top with cinnamon, cocoa powder, whipped (coconut) cream, or all three! Enjoy this winter treat!

Comments

Popular Posts