Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

(Original recipe from DamyHealth.com)





My mom's birthday was a couple of days ago, and I was put in charge of making the cake (which I totally didn't mind). I asked her what cake she wanted, and being the most selfless mom in the world, said she wanted me to make something that we could all eat- meaning gluten, dairy AND sugar free. It sounds impossible, I know. 

But this was the "cake" she asked for-a chocolate peanut butter pie I had made once before. Last time I made it, it was good. But I had to make a few changes to give it a more peanut buttery flavor. Obviously, the peanut butter is the best part. 



The second time around, I think I nailed the peanut butter flavor. There's no longer just a hint of peanut butter, but there's not so much that it sticks in your throat. 



Added bonus: this is one of those "freezer cakes," so it's a perfect dessert for the summer. 



Directions:

Blend all the crust ingredients together in a food processor until it has the consistency of dough. 

Blend all the filling ingredients except the water. Add the water in a little bit at a time until the desired consistency. I actually put in the full 1/4 cup of water in. It was wetter than the first one I made, but I actually liked it better that way.

Blend all the topping ingredients until smooth. 

Place parchment paper in an 8-inch spring form pan. Press down the crust. Add in the peanut butter filling and top with the chocolate topping. 

Place in the freezer for about 3 hours. Then let it thaw or eat it frozen! (I like it frozen). 




Comments

Popular Posts