Hello, people of the Internet. Seeing as this is my very first post, I thought I would explain a little bit about myself and the purpose of this blog.

I love food. Let's just make that very clear. My food must be delicious. I don't want to eat bland, tasteless meals, and I certainly have a sweet tooth. However, my love for tasty things has gotten me into trouble. You see, my body doesn't get along with certain food groups - specifically grains, dairy, and sugar. They cause all sorts of problems for me, including skin issues, a rumbling tummy, excessive cravings (for sweets, mostly), fatigue, headaches... You get the picture. Since eliminating grains, milk products, and processed sugar from my diet, I have experienced so much improvement that I never want to go back to my old way of eating. I won't lie, in the beginning it was incredibly difficult not to eat fresh, homemade bread and key lime pie and cookie dough and coffee ice cream and linguine with clam sauce. Yeah, those are all delish. But after some significant struggle and determination, I've come to realize that these limitations in my diet are really a blessing. The food I eat now is so healthy, fresh and really yummy! There are so many innovative ways to make great food (ever heard of cheesecake made with cashews?), and I would never have found some of my favorite recipes if I could still eat that old junk. Now I get to enjoy first rate, healthy food and share it with you!

Rarely do I follow a recipe exactly as it is written, so many of the ones you find here will have slight (or huge) changes from the original recipe. But no matter what, I will only post it if I believe it deserves to be shared. You won't find mediocre fare here, because I just won't settle for that.

Here's a sneak peak of what's to come!
                                           
                                           Braised Short Ribs

Comments

  1. Katie, this is great! We are joining heaven in cheering you on :) Keep writing....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts