Banana-Mango Smoothie




I found a bag of frozen mango in my fridge the other day, and ever since then I've been craving something with mango. So yesterday for lunch I decided to make this banana-mango smoothie. It's like having a little tropical beach party in your mouth. Actually, it was SO tasty that I scarfed it down before I realized I forgot to snap a picture. :( But don't worry, I made it AGAIN this morning and took pictures this time. So you all can get a nice visual.

 This wonderfully refreshing drink is perfect for an easy breakfast or it could make a great dessert! Obviously, you could have it for lunch too, because that's what I did.... However you choose to have it, this drink will not let you down.





Banana-Mango Smoothie:

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup frozen cubed mango
1 cup frozen banana (sliced)
2/3 cup coconut milk (from a can)
1/4 - 1/2 cup shredded coconut (this is optional but it REALLY amps up the flavor)
1-2 Tablespoons lemon juice

Directions:

Place mango and banana in food processor (or blender) and blend until moderately smooth. Add the coconut milk, coconut, and lemon juice and blend until smooth or desired consistency. Add milk, coconut or lemon juice according to your liking.



This recipe serves about 2 people, depending on how big your glass is :)

Comments

  1. This looks super delicious! Will definitely have to try it out next time I have mangoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, it really is delightful! I would love to hear what you think after you try it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts