Key Lime Pie in a Glass





I know it sounds too good to be true, but I promise you it's not. This drink literally tastes like a glass of creamy, limey dessert. This is the second green smoothie I've made that I've fallen in love with. I found the original recipe from the wonderful Sarah of My New Roots. (By the way, you should totally go check out her site. Every single thing she makes looks amazing!) I modified her recipe a bit to fit my own tastes, and I think it turned out fantastically.



This is a great breakfast smoothie to share with someone, especially since it's got a whole avocado as well as a cup of coconut milk and is quite filling. On the other hand, this is something I'd be completely happy to drink for dessert. I even shared this smoothie with a friend who has an extreme dislike for avocados, and she loved it anyway. So that's good news for those of you who may not particularly enjoy avocados. You can't taste them at all, they just help to make a rich and creamy drink.

Not only does this smoothie taste like a tropical island vacation, it also has such a lovely color. My brother keeps telling me I need to vary the color on my site and stop making so much green food, but I just can't help it!

I'll do my best to try to make something orange or purple or red next time!




Ingredients:

1 avocado
2 limes, zest and juice
1-2 medium chunks of fresh ginger, peeled
1 cup coconut milk
3-5 leaves of fresh kale
2 frozen bananas
handful of ice cubes (optional)


Directions:

Blend avocado, lime, ginger and coconut milk in food processor or blender until smooth (I use a Vitamix). Add kale and blend until combined. Add bananas and blend until smooth. If you prefer your smoothies to be a bit icier, add a few ice cubes until you reach the desired consistency. Pour into a pretty glass and drink your dessert.





Comments

Popular Posts